Privacy and Confidentiality Statement
Dimple’s commitment to ensuring privacy and confidentiality
At Dimple we are committed to ensuring the provision of the highest quality podiatry services. As part of this, we are committed to ensuring private and health information is collected and maintained in accordance with state and commonwealth privacy law requirements.
What you can expect from us:
- As a Dimple service recipient/ resident you or your authorised representative will be informed about what information we need to collect from you, why it is required and how it will be used. We will not ask for or collect information which is not relevant to your treatment requirements.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, up to date and kept securely and confidentially.
- We will seek your or your authorised representative’s consent before we provide your information to another person or organisation.
- We will only provide your information to another organisation where it will assist the provision of services to you.
- If your information needs to be transferred to another organisation or person, this will be done securely and confidentially.
- We may use your ‘de-identified’ information to improve the quality of our service delivery.
- We may disclose your information to our support office located in the Philippines. Required protections are in place with the supplier to ensure compliance with state and commonwealth privacy law requirements.
What are your rights and responsibilities?
- You have the right to have your information recorded accurately.
- You have the right to request access to the information about you held by us.
- Dimple will provide you with an acknowledgement of your request within 7 days of its receipt and your request will be finalised within 30 days.
- You have the right to request to have the information corrected if you believe it is inaccurate.
- To assist us to keep your information up to date, we ask you to notify us promptly of any change.
- We welcome your suggestions to improve the quality of our services.
Your feedback is valued
Speak to us: If you or your authorised representative/s have any queries or concerns you are encouraged to discuss these with your podiatrist. If you wish to access your information held by Dimple, please contact:-
Dimple Privacy Officer- Human Resources Manager
Telephone: 1300 760 412
Address: P.O. Box 5063 Garden City, Victoria 3207
If you believe that Dimple has not fulfilled all obligations under the Privacy Act (1988) and/ or Privacy Principles (2014) or if you believe your privacy has been breached, we encourage you to lodge a complaint directly with us in the first instance. These are to be directed to the Privacy Officer at the above contact.
Dimple aims to resolve all concerns or complaints internally where possible. If this process is not achieved and you wish to make an external complaint for an alleged breach of privacy, you can contact the following bodies:
If you are located in Victoria, contact the Office of the Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection at:
Address: 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Postal: P.O. Box 24014, Melbourne, Victoria 3001
Telephone: 1300 666 444
Web site: www.cpdp.vic.gov.au
If you are located in NSW, contact the New South Wales Information and Privacy Commissioner at:
Address: Level 17, 201 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000
Postal: GPO Box 7011, Sydney, New South Wales, 2001
Telephone: 1800 472 679
Web site: www.ipc.nsw.gov.au
If you are located in Queensland contact the Office of the Information Commissioner Queensland at:
Address: Level 8, 160 Mary Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000
Postal: P.O. Box 10143 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000
Telephone: 07 3234 7373
Web site: www.oaic.gov.au
If you are located in South Australia, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory or Western Australia contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Address: 175 Pitt Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000
Postal: GPO Box 5218, Sydney, New South Wales 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
For Dimple’s Request for Access to Information Form please click here.